Saturday, February 18, 2012

The Idol Of Power 

This has been a week of overloading the spell check capabilities of my computer as I try to carve a sermon for a series on The Problem With Idols using the stories of King Nebuchand...Nebachad ...you know,  the guy from the book of Daniel! I had a semi original idea this week while sermonizing on Neb-u-chad-nezz-ar (there I did it).
 Here’s my idea...the best advice the bible gives anyone in the universe is two words "Fear God" because no matter how big we may get, there will always and eternally be someone bigger. If we take God out of the equation all we are left with is fear. I believe that just keeps getting bigger. The people most driven to power and control are some of the most frightened people in the world. 
Now that I just read that I'm wishing my sermon were that clear, Oh bother,  there goes my Saturday afternoon. 


No comments: