Wednesday, March 26, 2014


My Two Cents Worth on the World Vision Discussions In March 2014 

Because the kids I sponsor with World Vision are real kids, I am not planning to throw them under the bus even though I might like to get off the bus. I will complete the commitment I have made to them. At least the USA office has clarified their stand. It's helpful information to have when making future decisions. Giving a cup of water in the name of the Lord is a good thing. Giving a cup of water without taking the Lords name in vain is even better. If the organizations that continue to seek to do both, end up benefitting from a renewed awareness and commitment from Christians who feel so strongly about the recent issues being debated, that they start really getting behind those other groups with real $acrificial $upport, I don't imagine World Vision will be upset. From what I can see they are not trying to be the only organization seeking to provide solutions to poverty and other social ills. I doubt they will be seen picketing the other groups offices . Imagine if they ( WV) were put out of business by effective Christian compassion efforts rather than by withdrawn support? Now that would be a win!
I personally challenge every vociferous follower of Christ to compare their tax receipt for last years donations toward the problems of world hunger and homelessness to their annual bills for cable/satellite and cell phones alone and think long and hard about what Christian values really are in real time.

1 comment:

WidjiMoose said...

Well said as usual John